Day #1 : The C-Section

So after much procrastination, I am finally writing this post.
You know.. when every single day i want to do something about this blog but end up doing nothing about it. HAHA!!

It is unexpectedly BUSY being a confinement Mum when confinement lady or family or friends keep asking you to lie down and rest.. "GO SLEEP!" haha!
Then when you are providing breast milk for your Baby, you keep track of your time to the next pump and TIME PASSES SUPER QUICK! I did not see this coming!!

.
.
.

So I was admitted to the Clinic early in the morning and was quite busy because i have to change to the robe, then monitor Baby's heartbeat in the labour room with 2 other ladies.

Then the the nurses will help/assist/MAKE you go toilet to clear your bowels.

and then... WAIT.

So this was me waiting for the C-section to happen

























I was actually not as nervous as i thought i would be. It was more of stoning and thinking what's going to happen next.

Confirm this is angle arh.. im NOT FAT



















So as I wait, they allow the hubby to enter to accompany me.
.
.
So as expected I was called in to the Operation Room for the C-section to happen.
Haha... Yes i'm in JB Malaysia and so the nurses actually walked me to the Operating Room. Literally ---> walked.
I am not sure how others did this but i think Singapore would be - pushing the patient (on a bed) into the operating room.

Then i climbed onto the bed which i was then asked to crouch like a ball.
The Anesthetist is already there and so.. i felt him feeling the lower part of my spine and he he held his finger at a spot and told me he will be administering the anaesthetic at that position.
The nurse aside me kept reminding me to crouch like a ball and relax my shoulders and try to crouch as much as possible.
Then they held me and i felt this pinch on my back and then this cold sensation of the drug and I was asked to lie down.
Where they start to "set things up". Such as blocking my view to the lower half of my body as they held a cloth in between with a stand/holder. I could barely feel my legs already... but as I have told my friends, I kept trying to FEEL by wriggling my toes until I can't feel them anymore. I even tried to raise my legs but were unable to do so.
Amidst all the crinking & cranking noise from the metal instruments as the nurses were preparing, i saw my Doctor walking in. The nurses helped him with his robe (as what we have watched from TV shows) and his gloves then he walked over and said they will start the procedure.

I DID NOT FEEL ANYTHING!!!!
I am conscious though and can feel the upper half of the body only.
I think i felt lost not knowing what is happening because I cannot feel anything at all and there is no way I am able to see what is happening too so I felt really lost.
Only part that was quite memorable and perhaps a little scary will be the part when the Anesthetist helped to push from above me. He probably stood on something (a stool perhaps). This was probably the part where Doctor Ng has opened me up and they had to push the Baby out.
As far as i know, natural birth the Mummy would have pushed the Baby out but for C-section the Doctor had to pull the Baby out. So which is why the Anesthetist had to push from above. Well... i only KNOW this motion but i still do not feel anything.

Well the next thing that happened was the most beautiful out of this whole procedure was the CRYING of my Baby Girl.
I teared.
Hot tears running down from my eyes.
The nurse brought the Baby to me and showed me that they had attached my name to the ankle of the Baby.
Then the nurse asked me to SEE the baby and asked me if it was a boy or a girl.
So the next thing is I saw her taking the Baby to the side where my gaze was locked and followed. So glad i can still move my head. =)
So they put a tube through her mouth which I believe is to clear her airways and then did some weighing and measuring then wrapped her nicely and took her away liao.

So for the next 15 mins i think, felt really LONG..
This is the part when the Doctor starts stitching me up.
I begin to shiver very badly which i heard was due to the Anesthetic. It was uncontrollable.
I still don't feel anything but i can feel them pushing and pressing.
When it was done, they transferred me onto another bed to push me out to my ward.
I remember looking out for my Hubby when they were pushing me out.
Glad to see... he was there to receive me first thing i was out of that second door to the common area.
He followed all the way to the ward and helped them transfer me to my bed.
Then he started to pile clothes on me thinking I was cold because I was shaking badly and helped to put on my socks for me.
He stayed by me until the shiver symptom was over.
Doctor Ng came over a short while over and checked on me and told my hubby not to worry because the cold and shivering is due to the anesthetic.
Doctor told me that they will be giving me painkillers and the pain will start around 2-3 hours later when the Anesthetic wears off.


























So this is me after the C-section and with a jacket/sweater and 2 shirts piled on me to gain warmth. 
The hubby didn't leave my side until my granny and uncle came. 
Granny even teared a bit as she congratulated me. 

My Mum and brother visited too. Then Irene dropped by too. 
Then i was changed to the single bedded room which we had requested. 
I got to get some rest only in the afternoon as i slept but drifted in and out of sleep as the place was quite noisy. Hubs left for a bit to get some stuffs for me from home and my mum went to get some food ingredients to make dinner for me. 

Oh ya I really hate that needle thing on my left hand. It made messaging difficult for me and when they had to change the Saline drips, it was quite a pinch when they had to ensure that the drip is flowing. ANGRY!~

So by the time the hubby got back was around late afternoon near to evening time and I was feeling really hungry because I only had milo and biscuits earlier. 

SOOOOO glad that my mum made Mee Sua for my dinner. Hubby went home to get my dinner because my Mum had to wait at home for a few relatives who were going to come over to visit me. 

Well this is Baby Liya when she was just out of my tummy



















This was her on the weighing scale after she was brought out and photo taken by Rick.
The "scar" looking red line on her face is actually from the forceps that pulled her out.
Doctor Ng explained that her position was not right and for C-section.. I can't push her out so they had to pull her out.



















































Shortly after dinner, the nurse pushed Baby over! Totally unexpected!
I thought they would push Baby over earlier since I gave birth in the morning.
Earlier in the day I did wonder if they would push Baby over for me to see since I only had one look at her at birth.
So I kind of didn't expect them to push Baby over anymore.

So excited to see them push Baby over when I saw the nurse enter. Most importantly, she was awake!! It was my VERY FIRST time interacting with her! I was asking everyone how she looked like when my relatives visited during the day. I finally get to see her up close!! She's soooooo small!
Yes, I have to agree with everyone else that she look so much like her FATHER!

So we spent about an hour with her until Aunty Yin Zao and God parents came and we asked the nurse to leave her with us for a bit more.

At about 10pm the nurse 'chased' everyone else away (Hubby went home to bath before he came back again) and fed me with a really strong painkiller + one jab at the buttock. I literally feel the drowsiness within 15 mins. I was looking at my phone until I cannot concentrate anymore.

Until.... I heard hubby entered my room. He slept beside me on the very uncomfortable plastic chair. He must be very exhausted as he snored quite loudly. =P
I peeped at him a few times during the night and I am so thankful for having him.

............

C-section was my choice and I was glad when I heard someone SCREAMED at labour from the labour room and WOKE ME UP.

...........

Now that I am thinking back to that DAY 1, I think I might reconsider my next experience to be somewhere else. =)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Working Day at McQuilling