Tattoo Adventure - Appointment

I have just confirmed my appointment for my tattoo consultation tomorrow.

The story began when.. well... as usual.. I had wanted to do a tattoo for some time already.. altho i always kind of put it at the back of my mind as it wasnt really a neccessity and also because of the costs involved. Well.. it also was because i wasnt really sure if i wanted to do it anot.

Well.. i mentioned to boyfriend that day that i was thinking of doing tattoo and what do you think about it. He was extremely cool about it! He had asked me to go ahead as long as i do something nice and memorable and also not too loud (meaning not to be shown and also.. dont do ugly ones lar).

I was thinking about it for the entire week, searching and looking at many tattoo designs so that i can come up with something i like. I like the feather effect with part of the feather turning into birds and flying away.. i like ambigrams tooo and so i had to think of something to write. As for the writing, i want it to be linked to my life.. i want it to portrait myself as well as to encourage and bring me forward to more wonderful things.

Last night, when i was discussing the tattoo with a few friends (and boyfriend).. and also looking at a tattoo artiste's website (Ink by Finch).. i came up with something already!

I would do a dreamcatcher, feather becoming birds and the words - LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE.

Dreamcatcher because it looks nice.. and it has got feathers! The feather is essential.

Dreamcatcher is believed to be a charm to protect sleeping people from nightmares. Bad dreams would stay in the net and would disappear with the sunlight. Good dreams would be filtered thru the net and would slide down the feathers to the sleeper. So...for the tattoo, one of the feathers of the dreamcatcher would become birds flying away.. which to me... meant that it will be a DREAM COME TRUE. -- it is like feathers dreaming into birds...and they did!! hahahah! May all my dreams come true! More good things to happen to me!

Then the words are chosen because.. its simple and just what i wanted in my life. I want to live, like i had always been, to laugh and smile as much as i wanted to. Also... to LOVE and appreciate everyone and everything that has happened to me.

Another part which i think the tattoo artiste has to help me is.. my father has done a lot of sacrifices till date for the family and i want to have him inside the tattoo as well but i dont know what to do about this yet. So perhaps i will discuss and see what can be done about this part.

Discussed this with boyfriend and he thought it was a good idea too. Well.. there is the approval that at least he will not dislike the tattoo.

Appointment is confirmed already.. will discuss again with the tattoo artiste again on the design based on the ideas i have now. I want it to look easy and simple.. and also a bit cute.. like me!

=)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day #1 : The C-Section

Thank you Jia Hui 姨姨